My dear readers–as of yesterday, this blog is one year old! In celebration of this milestone, I invite you to revisit some of our favorite (your favorite and my favorite) posts from the past year.
- My most viewed post of all time: A review and listening guide of Mumford and Sons’ first album, Sigh No More. Hmm…maybe I should do one for Babel.
- Post that elicited the most interesting comment: After I jokingly suggested that Penelope Clearwater Revival would be a great name for a Southern-inflected wizard rock band, a commenter who’d Googled the phrase wrote to say that she had started recording music under that name!
- Several readers’ favorite post: Some of my most loyal readers told me that they enjoyed this zany stream of consciousness about pandas, punctuation, and Coldplay more than any other post.
- Facebook fun: My blog made a social network appearance when my mom shared this post about two of the loves of my life, Samwise Gamgee and Neville Longbottom, on her Facebook page. Next time you see something you like on my blog, I’d love it if you shared it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or a personal website!
- Christmas cheer: Now that advent has begun, you might like to check out some posts from last year on Harry Connick Jr.’s When My Heart Finds Christmas, Handel’s Messiah, and Dickens’ A Christmas Carol.
I’d like to thank you all for a wonderful year. I wouldn’t keep this blog going if I didn’t know that you were out there reading it. Please let me know what topics you’d like to see me address in the coming year!